Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello

I'm glad you found this.
Let me introduce myself: I am Philip Heubeck, an artist based in Fort Myers, Florida, and still pretty close to the beginning of what I hope will be a long and interesting journey.
I graduated from Florida Gulf Coast University last spring with a BA in Art. I started out working in the 2D realm, especially painting, but have been expanding my fascination with organic processes and surface structure towards the use of multimedia elements and installation work over time.
I've never seriously blogged before, but my work sometimes deals with lots of conceptual layers, and I'd like to be able to communicate these ideas and backgrounds to, well, the world. Making myself a little platform online to present my thoughts and writings from became a more and more enticing thought, so here you go. The way I'm imagining this blog is that it will be a sort of logbook directly from my studio, communicating what is on my mind at a given point in time, from experiments I've been doing in the studio to topics I'm studying, books I'm reading, anything that will broaden the context of the art I care about.
I hope you will find notions and viewpoints here that will spark your own imagination in some way, and I sincerely thank you for your interest in my work.
Until soon,
Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers